Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a long week / Stress Relievers


It's been such a long 6 days since I last posted. I've been to District Choir rehearsals, church, a musical and started a new job on Monday. With all of the hustle and bustle of life it's amazing that I have't resulted to pulling my hair out. The new job is interesting, but the class is too big and it's frustrating to have to listen to 20 million questions about the same stuff over and over. Who ever thought it was ok to put 44 people in a new hire training class needs their head checked.



Today I want to talk about stress relief. Everyone deals with stress in their own way, wether it be good or bad. Due to me being out of work for a period of time I was stressed about where money was going to come from to pay rent, bills and buy food. Yet, because I didn't completely panic about my job loss and financial issues I found a way to make it through the tough time and how to deal with the stress in a healthy way.



Normally I would have thought my whole world had ended and I would never recover, but thanks to my stronger FAITH in God I overcame stress. I prayed and prayed and prayed again, then I worshiped and praised him in advanced for things I had yet to see. I even stepped up my giving with the faith that God would make a way.



Matthew 6:33 says But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you...



So, in order to deal with stress you have to seek God first and it doesn't mean that he'll remove the stress, but that he will condition you to live in the stress or help you get through the stress. We have to look at the agent that is causing the stress and figure out what it is that makes us so stressed about it. For example I most times get stressed about weight loss, so I start to over eat and I end up gaining 5lbs, then I'm upset because I gained more weight and I eat more and have a pity party that ends with an after party at the home of our good friend Depression.

Looking at the example above the stress started with My struggle with weightloss and ended in depression. All of the things that stressed me were caused by my own actions, internal feelings and guilt about myself. This is something I can control; I can choose not to over eat, buy healthier foods and workout.

Some stress agents are out of our bounds of control like traffic, gas prices, job, some family issues, and many more. Yet how we choose to address the stress agent determines the outcome of the issue. If I drive home in rush hour traffic everyday I can't get mad have an episode of road rage and curse out all the cars due to freeway congestion.

Some tips to help you relieve stress are....


Listening to soothing/relaxing music. (Listen to what makes you happy, classical, gospel, etc)


Take a walk. Walking is a great stress relief and good for your health


Go to the Gym. ( Those extra pounds can be shed along with your stress


Pray! ( Prayer is a way to connect with God and ease your mind)


Turn up the music and Dance ( sometimes in my home of course I like to crank the music and dance even though I'm not a good dancer lol)


Surround yourself with positive people. (Hang out with the girls, Go to the mall and buy nothing I don't want you to start another habit lol)



Until next time I got to go to bed !!!!

No comments: