I went to the Juneteenth festival here in Columbus, OH today in search of Jewelry! I arrived very excited and I left disappointed. The festival wasn't as big as normal and there were not a lot of vendors. I did here that the booth rentals were a lil high priced this year so maybe that had something to do with it.
Well, I did see 1 booth I hurried over too because the sign said Natural Hair Products. The owner was excited to see me because I was rocking a fro and she wanted to video me for a youtube video. She had some oils, shea butter, conditioner, hair pomade, and some other things. I bought a jar of conditioner from her for $5.00 and it comes with gloves and a shower cap!!!.
The company is called Imani Iris and the product I bought is called Kahlifa Hemp Henna Conditioner. I'm going to use it tonight when I was my hair. The ingredients are Henna, Amla, vitamin E, tea tree oil, egg whites, Black seed oil or (Egyptian cumin), thyme, and hemp oil. Since, henna is one of the main ingredients it will bring out the red tones in your hair. I just smelled it and its nothing special, but it doesn't have to smell good in order to work well. I look forward to reviewing this product for you guys.
Sorry for the grainy pics my camera phone sucks today lol
There is always a lot of talk in the Natural Hair community regarding oils and which ones are better than this one or that one. Well, myself & another hair blogging diva gets frustrated when people talk about oils because most tend to focus on their use of the oil based on how it makes their hair feel (weighed down or too oily), how heavy the oil is, & etc. instead of focusing on the properties and benefits of the oils. The properties and benefits of the oils are more important than how heavy, oily, or light the oil is in most cases. So, ladies and gents I will do a series of post that will focus on the properties and best uses of various oils. I hope this series will help you out in your Natural Hair journey.
To start off the “World Oil Series” will be our trusty friend Olive Oil!
Olive oil is one of the most popular oils in the world! People use it for their hair, cooking, and skin care. I use olive oil in my hair oils that I make and I will cook almost anything with it. Olive oil comes from the Mediterranean countries like Spain, Greece, and Italy; where it is used as a staple part of their diet. Olive oil is made up of 77% monosaturated fatty acids, 14% saturated fatty acids, 9 percent polyunsaturated fatty acids and vitamin E. (http://www.grandmas-wisdom.com/olive-oil-benefits.html).
The presence of vitamin E in oil olive oil makes it out to be an antioxidant which gives an added benefit to your scalp. Olive oil is known for its ability to prevent hair loss by stopping the production of the hormone DTH that causes hair loss. There are usually four types of Olive oil sold to consumers.
• Extra virgin - Is the best, the least processed, this oil is from the first pressing of the olives.
• Virgin – Comes from the 2nd time the olives are pressed.
• Pure – This variety has been filtered, refined and processed.
• Extra light – This variety has been through the most processing and is usually used in dipping oils for bread and cooking. Extra light olive oil also doesn’t have the strong smell or flavor as the other varieties of olive oil
Okay enough of all that boring history lets talk about what Olive oil does for your hair!!
Olive oil in my opinion should be a staple product to their regimen. Here is a list of the benefits for your hair.
• If you saturate your hair with olive oil before you wash its makes your hair easier to detangle.
• Add olive oil to your favorite conditioner for a super moisturizing conditioner.
• Need to add some shine to your hair pour a little olive oil into the palm of you hand and work it in your hair.
• Dry scalp? Use olive oil into massage your scalp and give it the nourishment it needs
• It doesn’t weigh your hair down (too much of any oil will cause your hair to be oily and heavy a little goes a long way for some oils)
• Helps control dandruff
So, I hope this helps out some I will have more to come about more oils until then love yall!
Just wanted to let you know I have some good things coming up I’m working on revamping my blog I want to give the design a lil umph, I want it to appeal to men and women. I was playing around with my lil graphic program and decided to write my signature so I can add it to my blog well it’s a lil grainy but it will do for now at least and let me know what you think lol! Well, keep an eye out for the next post about Oils and the properties of oils.