Monday, February 2, 2009

It's been a minute......

Hey yall,

I've been gone for a few days or 2 or 10..... lol I've been traveling on the highway back and forth to Michigan and I'm about to conclude a week long stay in Cincinnati. As you know I have done the BC and I'm loving it.

My friends and family have had good responses to it, except for one pesky person whom I call my boyfriend. When I first told my BF that I was gonna go natural he said he was fine with it just don't cut your hair into a fade. We both agreed that was not a look for me. So, after months of transitioning with braids, kinky twist, and more braids it has grown to a length I feel comfortable cutting the permed ends off and HE HATES IT!!!

This is my hair on Friday that my bf hates so much he says it doesn't fit my face.


I just don't understand why but I really don't care (I guess that makes me mean now ...). He asked me to flat iron my hair because since we've been together I've always had my hair and I quote "neat and together" (what the blood clot!!!!) So, I go to the store and buy some flat irons. I started flat ironing my hair and the irons didn't get as hot as I wanted them to but they worked. Well, my hair is like even all over and has not style so I end up looking like My granny and I'm pissed. Needless to say I didn't go to church because I didn't like my hair.

I love my boo but he's gonna have to deal with the fro until it gets longer to do something else with. I'm cool with the flat ironed look but I love the natural look. Until next time ladies

2 comments:

Breath of Light said...

I think that's too bad he doesn't like your natural hair. I think you look lovely in that picture. Maybe it's time you and him have a convo about why he doesn't like natural hair, or even short hair on women. Because my fear is that you will internalize his ingnorance about it and it may pull you off your journey. And you seem to be moving in a positive direction. I wish you all the best. I hope you keep it nappy. And you don't need straight hair to be beautiful. You don't need long hair to be beautiful either. Being the woman that God made you is a beautiful thing.

MoZaic said...

Thank you breath of Light for the encouragement!!!! Even though he doesn't like my hair I will not change it. He's gonaa have to deal with it.