I had a request from #oneofmyfollowers and high school friend to post my face regimen so here it is!! I use a mixture of the oil cleansing method and what I usually do
Things you need:
- Castor Oil
- Olive Oil
- Small bottle for the oil
- 1 washcloth
- Dudu Osun black soap or whatever you feel comfortable using
I deep clean my face at night before I go to bed. I try to do it every night or every other night; especially if I wore makeup that day.
The Oil Mixture:
Ok the oil cleansing method requires an oil mixture that you will use to clean your face. On the website http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ it’s suggested that your mixture consist of Castor oil/Olive oil or Castor oil/Sun flower seed oil. I use the Castor oil/Olive oil mixture I have both oils on hand all the time so it’s just more convenient for me. Here are the recommended blends of oil for the different skin types from the website.
- Oily Skin: Try a blend of 30% Castor Oil to 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Balanced Skin: Try a blend of 20% Castor Oil to 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Dry Skin: Try a blend of 10% Castor Oil to 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.
The Oil Cleansing Method:
I use this method about every other day and on days I wear makeup.
- You'll need a soft washcloth, your oil blend, and hot, running water.
- Pour about a quarter size of the oil mixture into your hand.
- Massage the oil into your face in circular motions. Massaging the oil on your face will remove makeup and dirt from your face. Plus works the oil in to help dissolve blackheads
- I usually massage the oil in for about 3-4 minutes
- After I have massaged the oil in I take my washcloth and soak it in water that is hot but not so hot its uncomfortable on your face, the goal is to steam your face.
- Take the towel and hold close over your face until it cools and then you can gently wipe the oil away. Rinse the towel out and repeat this step about 2-3 more times.
- Oh yeah DON’T SCRUB YOUR FACE that is irritating to your face.
Ok yall I really hate bumps and blackheads so I’m constantly picking at my face (I know I know I’m such a bad girl) So, I have a few dark marks on my face from picking at the bumps. I use my Dudu Osun African Black Soap to cleanse my face on days I don’t use the entire oil method.
This particular brand of black soap is made of plantains & shea butter; which makes black soap a blemish fighter. I hate dark marks so I use this to fade them away. This soap can be drying to the face so I pour a drop of castor oil in my hand and rub it on my face for moisture.
If I don’t have black soap I usually take a drop of Dr. Bronners castile soap to clean my face.
Well, ladies here it is my face regimen I hope this helps you like its helped me and pray I stop picking at my face lol