Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11, 2001

I will never forget the day when terrorist decided to crash planes into the twin towers. I was on my way to work and the radio announcer stopped the music to announce that a plane had crashed into a building in New York City. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and my heart went out to the families affected. When I got to work the 2nd plane hit and thats when I knew this was not an accident. I worked at a day care and parents were calling frantically wanting to come get their children. A teacher from the toddler room came out of her room screaming when the pentagon was hit by the alleged plane that we don't here much about anymore. The teachers son was a worker at the pentagon and it was hours before she heard from him.

Today is another day that God has given us, I don't take it for granted that I am blessed to be a citizen of this country and I am sitting here today to remember a day such as September 11, 2001

No comments: