Friday, July 25, 2008

The Transition




On my journey to a napptural state of hair, I have been researching many different options to finding the right hair style, hair products and hair stylist for me. Everyone has different hair and scalp issues and everything doesn’t work for everybody. So, I found a few products that I’m going to be trying and even a hair stylist that may fit my needs. For anyone who is new to going natural like myself please take a look at all the information that is below.

One of the first things I looked into when I decided to go natural was “How to Transition from Processed to Natural hair. So, I googled how to go natural and I found quite a few sites some looked kind of bootleg and then there the well put together sites. The first site I looked into was
TreasuredLocks.com. They had several articles that talked about what to expect, how to transition, hair styles and products. The first article I read was about going transitioning to natural. There were 3 main options listed that give you the choices that will suite your own individual needs cutting off the relaxed hair aka (The Big Chop), Braids or Extensions, and Sisterlocks.

The BIG Chop
When I saw the first option I immediately got scared and envisioned what I would look like without hair (A HOT MESS!!) So, I naturally decided “The Big Chop” is not exactly for me. I’m just not that bold. Although; this would be the easiest way to transition because it leaves you with no permed hair to miss, shed or detangle. I just prefer not to do so.




Braids/Extensions

This is the option that I’m choosing to transition to natural hair. I will be getting my braids done soon and I can’t wait!! Braids will allow me to grow my hair out to desired length before I decide to cut the permed hair off. Braids or a FULL Sew in weave will also help you to keep your hands out of your hair for a couple of weeks or a few months




Sisterlocks/Dreadlocks



Everyone knows what dreadlocks are, but not to many know what Sisterlocks are. Sisterlocks are just like dreadlocks they just add real human hair and they are smaller than most locks. I went to a consultation to find out more information about the Sisterlocks. The consultant I went to see she was really nice and knowledgeable. I don’t think this option is for me but the locks really look nice.



So those are the 3 options that I’ve looked into please visit the links provided and take a look at all of the resourceful information that you can use. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think about the different options and also leave any tips that you may have about going natural

No comments: