Sunday, February 20, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits


Apple Cider Vinegar is great for your hair. No matter if you’re natural or relaxed Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV will work for you. I use ACV in my hair when I’ve used products that cause build up in my hair or if dandruff is getting out of control due to my Seborrheic Dermatitis. Our hair is acidic and a lot of the products that we use are alkaline, so we must neutralize the PH of our hair and remove any product build up we’ve accumulated. Our hair has a PH of about 4.5-5.5 and ACV has a 2.9 PH
level. Using AVC will diminish dandruff and flaking by basically dissolving the yeast from the drandruff away.


Some people worry about the smell of ACV, but don’t worry it will completely go away after your hair dries.

When using ACV I find it easier to put it in a spray bottle or a dye applicator with a pointed tip, like the one below. I find these applicators useful oiling my scalp as well and you can find them at a local beauty supply store.


Using ACV once a week will help fight dandruff and remove all the products we add to our hair. You can make your own custom ACV rinses by adding essential oils to your ACV

So, give ACV a try you’ll be glad you did!

No comments: